Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Crazy Busy Summer

Wow! I'm pretty excited I finally figured out how to do another post. And it only took me 3 months! I'm practically a genius.



So, we've had a crazy-busy summer. Most of you know Krissie had surgery in June, three days after school got out. The first six weeks of summer were dedicated to taking her back and forth to Salt Lake for follow-up appointments. For those who don't know, she had her underbite corrected. The surgeon 'broke' her upper jaw and moved it forward, so now her teeth line up correctly and she has cheekbones! He also shortened her chin...he said it was too long. I'm not gonna lie---it was rough. The pain and the nausea and the swelling were miserable for her for about a week, and she's been on a soft-food diet all summer. But we're all very happy with the results and are looking forward to her next surgery which is scheduled for December 22nd: rhinoplasty and septoplasty. Maybe I'll learn how to add pictures next. Before and after pictures are always fun. Besides, Kris has a great new hair color she'd love to show off.



Katie Jo has been playing 'nanny' to Cody, Kellie and Kara this summer. I'm working 8-1 each day so Katie keeps things rolling at the house. She also went to girls camp in June, and both Kris and Kate went on the Trek at the end of July. Kate's playing volleyball and getting ready for tryouts.



Cody keeps very busy with his little flock of sheep. He rearranges their pens frequently, walks them daily and talks about them constantly. Did I mention that he talks about sheep a lot? Their names are Harley, Mattie, Buddy, and Ramses. He talks about them all the time. He is also

6 comments:

young family said...

I guess I should make sure everything makes sense before I post. Yes Sunny and charle about drowned. They are ChanHei's niece and nephew, they are visiting from Korea.

Now to your blog, I am so glad you got it figured out. Jackie always helps me. If you have questions ask, we will help and we love to see pictures.

I'm sorry Krissie was sick and it was no fun,but is she happy now? I'm sure she is. Can't wait to hear more about it and see the new her with the new hair color and all :)

Way to go Katie, Jackie does plenty of that nanny stuff too. When are her tryouts? I love volleyball.

Cody has sheep? I'm not so sure I knew that? That sounds like fun. Did you get them as babies? I love baby sheep, with their cute little tails wagging when they see you.

So are you going to continue working 8 to 1 when school starts? Any more training trips planned? I'm glad you like your job.

Are you guys going to the reunion? We are not going to make it, darn lack of money. I guess thats what I get for moving so far away. We will make it sometime, just don't ask me when. Thats why I love that you all blog, so I can see you all.

firebirdluver said...

What a cliff hanger!!! He also... what?!? I'm dieing to find out.

Emma said...

I tink its cool that cody is taking care of sheep! He also what? Iheard about krissies surgery and i think it would be cool to see before and after pictures!

Evenspor said...

Yay! I'm glad you figured it out. :-D

Jackie said...

its good to hear about your family! I had no idea that cody had sheep! I had one when i was younger and i loved him. :)

happy mom said...

well the pictures are a must, so I hope to see them soon! I would love to see the new hair color, have I seen it?